Hello Friends! We are now actively recruiting to fill one open NYFA Board of Director positions for Flag Cheer Director.
Congratulations to our outgoing Cheer Director of ELEVEN YEARS, Brooke Baker, on her new endeavor! We can't thank you enough for all you have done with and for the program and are glad you won't be far! 😁
Email completed applications to email@example.com
Please contact a NYF Board Member or message us here with any questions.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: FLAG CHEERLEADING DIRECTOR
1. Coordinate all activities for cheerleading at home games; must be in attendance at all games. Includes running Fieldhouse PA system for music.
2. Schedule and communicate all practices. Secure practice locations and submit all necessary building use forms, if applicable.
3. Shall attend the practices every night when a practice is being held to oversee the active teams and ensure that no issues exist. Any issues reported should be given to the Board. A Board member must be present at all practices. If the Cheer Director is unavailable, it is up to them to coordinate another Board Member to attend.
4. Shall be responsible for the coaching staff. Will coordinate with the HS Cheer Adviser to schedule Middle School student athlete cheerleaders to coach.
5. Serve as the liaison with the Flag Football Director to coordinate scheduling.
6. Work with the NYF secretary to schedule and communicate Flag Picture Day
7. Coordinate volunteers for home game concessions at the NYF fieldhouse with Concessions Manager and Secretary.
8. Responsible for collecting cheerleader uniform sizes and for ordering uniforms (t-shirts, socks and bows) within a pre-set budget determined in coordination with the NYF Board and Treasurer.