PLAYER/PARENT PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY POLICY:
1. The NYFA players shall abide by the “Buckeye Youth Football Conference” (BYFC) bylaws and the NYFA “Eligibility/Participation” bylaws.
2. All players must meet the requirements of the BYFC and either live in Norton City limits, or attend school in the Norton City Schools.
3. Each player must participate in conditioning, practices, camps, and scrimmages to be eligible to play in games.
a. If a player misses two or more practices/scrimmages combined in a week, he/she will not be eligible to play in the following game.
b. A player is subject to reduced playing time if the player continually misses practices or has other disciplinary problems during practices or games. The Head Coach will make the Director or designee aware of the problems. The Director or designee has final say in the reduced playing time. The Head Coach and Director will make the parents of that player aware of the situation.
4. Each player will conduct them self in a manner that represents good sportsmanship.
5. Each Parent, Grandparent, Family member, or friend/associate of a player will conduct them self in a professional manner. The use of profanity towards a player (even your own), parent, grandparent, family member, friend, spectator, referee, board member, or coach is not permitted and that parent, grandparent, family member, or friend/associate may be removed. An aggressive or fighting manner towards any other parent, grandparent, family member, spectator, player (even your own), referee, board member, or coach will result in the removal of that individual.
6. No refunds will be made for a player after the three days of conditioning is completed by that player.
7. If any equipment is lost it is the responsibility of the parents to replace it.
8. If your child’s equipment was not returned from last season, you owe an additional $100.00 for replacement of that equipment. NYF has already replaced the equipment that was not turned in.
9. Players will not receive trophies if their equipment is not turned in on scheduled turn in dates at end of season.
10. Parents and spectators are more than welcome to stay and watch practices. We do not allow parents or spectators at practices to be any closer than 30 yards from the players practicing. Only coaches are allowed near the player’s practice areas.
11. During camps, practices, scrimmages, and games Parents, Family Members, and Spectators are not allowed on the field unless called onto the field due to a player injury.
12. This form must be signed by a parent or guardian and returned before your child can participate in any conditioning, camp, practice, or game for the Norton Youth Football Association.